inconceivably terse

This blog is unabashedly tech/geek in nature.
My family blog is at markhu.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

commitment, $73 at a time

Took the plunge and bought a bus pass last week. Finally got to use it today.
According to my arcane calculations (using a spreadsheet natch), it will pay off as long as I ride about 15 times or more per month.

I say "about 15 times," yet some events enhance the value, like using it to run an errand during the day. Or to take a different route with an extra leg. Or using it on the weekend (ok, I've never done that yet.)

My workplace awards $40 per month as a "commuter incentive" for who use alternate transpo--and the minimum qualification is only 8 times per month. So that, plus the gas savings definitely makes it worth it to me. I shouldn't complain, but they've been awarding that same $40 for the last 10+ years, and it doesn't buy quite as much as it did 10 years ago.

One other challenge to bus-riding (besides deciding to commit to a monthly pass) is figuring ways to get to the bus stop faster. Considering bike, skateboard, ...

1 Comments:

At Fri Sep 02, 07:44:00 PM 2005 , Blogger Mark said...

go busriders!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home